Monday, August 11, 2014

greatest joy


I am definitely a person who gravitates to other people full of joy and optimism.  I likewise tend to distance myself from negative people.  And I wonder how much negativity is satan-filled.

God is FILLED WITH JOY.

Let me say that again, God is JOY-FILLED!

God is the one who gave us wonder, who gave us cute little feet for tickling, the ability to laugh, animals with a playful nature, children who thrive just playing.  All good things come from Him.  

But simply there is not a single being who is happier than God.  If you believe differently, you are believing a lie.

Likewise, I believe satan is miserable, pathetic.  And he wants everyone to be sucked into his misery.

If you feel like someone in your life is working to make you miserable (just like they are), pray.  The Lord may be showing you their nature.  Not to say that we cut people out of our lives.  God may ask you to do that, but we need to shine Jesus to the hurting world around us.

But BEWARE.

Jesus says,
"Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves..." Matthew 10:16

If you are being dragged down by someone, be shrewd.

Consider instead to:

Seek His Joy.  It is EVERYWHERE.  Shine it!  Embrace it!  Thank God for it!  It glorifies Him when we are satisfied in Him!

Let's increase His Glory!!!

No comments: