Monday, December 19, 2011
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
I cannot even believe it...my sweet Genevieve Mae is almost 1 year old! Where does the time go? I know, I know...it's such a cliche to say. But truly days are long (sometimes), but years go fast!
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
• Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
• New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
• National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
• Recent budget cut: $ 38,500,000,000
Let's remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
Annual family income: $21,700
• Money the family spent: $38,200
• New debt on the credit card: $16,500
• Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
• Total budget cuts: $385
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Monday, July 4, 2011
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Monday, June 20, 2011
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Saturday, April 23, 2011
- Eat more fruits and veggies...and try new things! I'm excited to go to the Farmers' Market soon! To not be afraid of certain foods.
- Jason and I discussed eating more wild food. He's going to go hunting...we're planning to add deer to our eating. Go fish and eat more fish we catch ourselves. I'll leave the dirty part to Jason, though.
- Make sour dough bread. My wonderful friend who is all about making her own food inspires me! And she suggested this, so I'm going to try it! Plus fermented foods are good for you!
- Eat less! I picked up some organic sausage from our local store and I found that I honored it more. We ate less because it was expensive, but it felt good to actually appreciate that it took care to grow this pig. Eating a full pound in a matter of an hour does not honor that pig's life. That might sound corny, but I don't care. :)
- Eat the full fat version, but eat less. I'm sure my dietician mother will not want to read this! Bring on the whole milk, baby! Pollan discussed that making full fat products skim uses additives to reach that product. Real food = good! Preservatives = bad!
- Buy products that have 5 ingredients or less. Not easy, but I like it.
- Celebrate food. It is not the enemy. It allows us to live and thrive and love!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
What's been done for you?
Yeah don't you know who you are?
You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,
You've been remade.
But what's been done for you.
This is not about where you've been,
But where your brokenness brings you to
This is not about what you feel,
But what He felt to forgive you,
And what He felt to make you loved.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Monday, January 31, 2011
I don't know how many people know that I have a huge passion for architecture, specifically house design. I love, love, love houses!!! I think I started designing floor plans around the age of 8. There's something about them...it's like writing a story for someone to live in. It's just amazing to see a house come together. However, it is not an easy task. To look at a floor plan and envision living in that space is complicated. How will you feel in this space is a mystery, and that mystery is what is intrigues the heck out of me! I think I chose architectural engineering to study because it had the word architecture in it! Ahh...I just love it...I read house plan books like they are the best books ever written.