Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love...

"I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey me, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father and remain in his love. I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you. And here is how to measure it--the greatest love is shown when people lay down their lives for their friends..." ~John 15:9-13

Isn't it amazing to think that Jesus loves us as much as the Father loves him?! Yet, we have to continually stay in His arms. This is the hard thing...the world pulls on us so tightly, while the Lord allows us to let go of His hand. Yet how much does that show us that God loves magnificently that He gives us a choice?! And we also choose to love the world. Why is it easier sometimes to love the world more than God?

No comments: