Thursday, February 15, 2007

How do you...

So clean house! Make a clean sweep of malice and pretense, envy and hurtful talk. You've had a taste of God. Now, like infants at the breast, drink deep of God's pure kindness. Then you'll grow up mature and whole in God. ~1 Peter 2:1,2 (The Message)

Six stoneware water pots were there, used by the Jews for ritual washings. Each held twenty to thirty gallons. Jesus ordered the servants, "Fill the pots with water." And they filled them to the brim. ~John 2:6 (The Message)

Submit my dreams and pursuits completely to Him. He only wants the best for me. He knows where I've been, and He more importantly knows the days ahead of me. I'm reminded of the story from Deuteronomy when the Israelites were so anxious to preview the promised land. They decided to send scouts out to evaluate this good land the Lord had been saving for them. Some scouts reported all the goodness of the land, some scouts reported the giants. The Israelites were afraid of fighting the giants. Yet the Lord wasn't! How much did they take out the joy of this new land! How much of God's might and glory would they have seen had they walked by faith and not fear?! I choose today to walk by faith, knowing He is in control of my life, and I have nothing to fear.

No comments: