Wednesday, May 1, 2013

His presence during labor

For baby's birth, I had read a great book called Redeeming Childbirth which focuses on recognizing God's presence in pregnancy and in labor and delivery.  She had suggested using music to help worship while in labor and she had included some songs she liked.  I discovered Spotify (which rocks by the way) and went ahead and made a playlist exclusively for labor and birth.  One of the songs she had suggested was You are for Me by Kari Jobe.  I had never heard the song before labor, I just included it because it had a good title.

I was well into labor and was in the living room with Jason and our birthing entourage (they're wonderful).  I was sitting on the floor when this song came on.  Words cannot describe the overwhelming presence of God with me at that moment.  God shows up at unexpected times.  Most would expect His presence to feel strongest at the moment of birth.  But it was in this quiet moment while I was laboring that He was saying to me, "Brandy, I know this is tough.  But I have never left you.  I will never leave you.  You are mine, and I'm walking through this with you."

God is HUGE.  And yet God will come down to our small little lives and show up in big ways.  I am humbled.  I am blessed.  I am so loved.  I hope and pray everyone can feel this in their lives.

No comments: