Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats

So, I guess my mind has been focused on cooking lately...maybe because my mind is focused on food! :) Ah, pregnancy is a blessing and a curse! Amidst all my cravings, I have been dealing with figuring out what Bella is allergic to. The doctor recommended we cut back on glutens, so I started researching some gluten-free recipes and came across this bad boy. Bad boy, but good!!!

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats (courtesy of Alicia Silverstone's recipe)
1 box brown rice krispies
1-3/4 c brown rice syrup
3/4 c all natural peanut butter
sea salt
1/2 c dark chocolate chips

Instructions:
Heat rice syrup with 1 pinch of salt in saucepan over low heat.
When rice syrup liquefies, add peanut butter and stir until well combined and heated through.
Pour this mixture over the entire box of rice krispies which you have poured into a large bowl.

Stir everything together. Mix in chocolate chips.

Press down into a baking dish.
Let cool 1 hour before cutting.

Enjoy!

No comments: