Wednesday, June 11, 2014

ragamuffin

Recently I bought the movie, Ragamuffin.  It is a movie based on Rich Mullins, a singer/songwriter who passed away suddenly in a car accident in 1997.  I never really discovered Rich until he had passed away.  I began to hear stories about this radical man who loved Jesus.  I always enjoyed his music, but it wasn't until I read An Arrow Pointing to Heaven, that I discovered a refreshingly different, authentic man who didn't mind being honest, when honesty made others uncomfortable.

So I was thrilled to hear about a year ago that they were making a movie based on Rich Mullins' life.  When the DVD went on sale (because let's be real, we NEVER go to the movies...too cheap I guess!) I snatched it up.  And within the first 5 minutes, I was crying.  The world needs to know that being a Christian is not about looking perfect on the outside.  It's about knowing that we are not perfect and yet because we have a wild, amazing God we are saved.  It changes everything.  We can be honest with him in our struggles and he is not waiting to shake his fist at us.  He loved us so recklessly and completely that at our worst, He allowed His only son to come down to this cold earth, grow through life and then be spat on, beat and nailed to a splinter-filled board and then cry out, "Father, forgive them!"  

That is the God I call mine.  

The grace involved is soul consuming.  

Bless His Holy Name!  




No comments: