Friday, September 11, 2009
I heard a story from a wife of one of those lost in the tragedy of 9-11. She commented how she would get so frustrated with her husband for leaving out his dirty socks. And now, all she wishes she could see lying on the floor were his dirty socks. I think about that when Jason does something that I'm not overly thrilled with. And I think wow, I'm so blessed to see his tennis shoes in the middle of the living room or the dirty dish he left in the sink instead of the dishwasher. He is so much more important to me than that silly dish. Don't allow the little things detract from the true love you have.
God, please bless America.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
- An amazing wedding, followed by a surprise honeymoon (for me anyway...it was all planned by Jason) to California
- A lovely trip to Canada with my family interrupted by a devastating flood at my parents' house
- Building our first home
- Running our first 1/2 marathon together
- 2 pregnancies, followed by 2 miscarriages
- A wonderful pregnancy
- The introduction to a little girl who changed our lives
Alright, so I left out a whole lot of steps along the way, but what I can say is that marriage has forever changed me. It has not always been easy, but it has always been worth it. I know these past four years have been amazing, but I also truly believe our best years are ahead as we learn to love one another in Christ's love, not just human love.
Jason, you are my love and my best friend, and I pray our next year will be full of laughter, inspiring conversations, a little alone time, and an even stronger bond glued together by our Lord.