Wednesday, June 8, 2011

To raw or not to raw?

I have begun reading The Maker's Diet which is very intriguing. From what I've read so far, it aligns with our eating philosophy. I don't have time to go into all the detail of the diet...but I've been considering replacing our regular ultra-pasteurized milk with raw milk. From my research so far, I found this article to be the most balanced. If anyone out there is considering raw milk, check it out! And let me know your thoughts! It seems like such a big decision to me!

2 comments:

Amie said...

I am totally on board with eating organic and fewer foods that have been processed. So, I can see both sides of the discussion, but we probably won't be drinking raw milk any time soon. I do like the protection from pathogens that may be present.
You can legally buy raw milk here in WA state. What about KY? I think there has been an outbreak that was associated with raw milk indirectly and the Seattle Times and P-I have some interesting takes on it.
So, does this book spend a lot of time discussing the food preparation and eating rules in the Torah?
It will be interesting to hear what you decide to do.

brandy said...

Hey Amie, I actually read an article about milk from the Seattle Times! I think it might have said that the rise in outbreaks may be due to the fact that there are more and more dairy farmers getting on board with raw milk, because it's the "new" thing. And this influx of farmers have not been as careful with their production as they should've been. THat's why it's so important to buy raw milk from a trusted farmer. It must be a very clean system. I'm doing my research on dairy farmers here. And this book pulls info from all scripture. It's really been enlightening. (Admittedly though I'm only about 30% into the book.)