1. Gosh, I'm blessed. 1 loving husband, 2 beautiful, healthy girls. A sweet dog. And Jesus loves me.
2. Architecture inspires me.
3. Even as much as I hate to admit it, I love some reality TV. Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor. (I kinda think Jason likes watching it with me.)
4. It is no fun to church shop.
5. I love learning about food. Gosh, what a huge world. It's hard to not let it consume you.
6. At this point in my eating philosophy, I aim for natural, natural, natural. Butter's cool. Whole milk is cool. Feedlot beef is not so cool. Coconut oil is intoxicating. But I still enjoy a Chinese buffet every once in awhile. What can I say?
7. Marriage is work. I had no idea. And I'd like to think that Jason and I have it easy. But it still involves a lot of growing and showing you things about yourself that you don't really like to see. Maybe to put it more succinctly, marriage is like a mirror. You want to see the good stuff, but you tend to be reminded of a few things you don't like about yourself. Ok...maybe a more than a few.
8. Being a mom is cool. Hard sometimes. Ok, really hard sometimes. But also the most amazing.
9. My views on abortion laws have changed in the last few years. Hear me...I whole-heartedly feel abortion is wrong. However, I don't think abortion is a legislative issues. It's a personal issue. If you want someone to not have an abortion, introduce them to Jesus (for the best results, introduce them to Jesus way before they're ready to have an abortion.) Jesus did not appeal to the government to change their ways. He loved people.
10. I eat dark chocolate everyday. Because I like it and because it is to help reduce stress. It makes me happy.
11. Smoothies are a mommy secret of mine. I can sneak in healthy things they never know about like spinach, broccoli, carrots, kefir, coconut, walnuts, flax seed. Yummy fruit makes it all complete! Yum!
12. I love Etsy!
13. I hate friends full of drama.
14. I'm watching a sweet dog endure the trials of cancer. I realize how harsh cancer is. Not cool.
15. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. However, I think the Christian community has not been Christ-like to gays. Are we not all sinners? I think we all need Jesus just the same.
16. I wish there were a modern day Rich Mullins. His biography was a life-changing book for me.
17. Childbirth was life changing for me. I thought I had prepared myself the first time around and thinks took a turn that I did not expect. However, I have no regrets. I know if I would have had the natural birth I wanted the first time, I never would have experienced homebirth. To this day, I reflect on my homebirth and it left me healed and restored. I could write a book on this.
18. I love Oprah...I'm really sad that her show is ending. I wish we had cable so I could watch her network.
19. I also love Ellen. Her joy is contagious! And I think we should dance everyday!
20. Online shopping is my savior. I just bought a whole lot of clothes from my favorite store, Ann Taylor Loft. I plan to try them on and return anything I don't like. I need me some simplicity and online shopping does it for me.
21. I love cloth diapers!
22. I hate recycling...but I feel too guilty throwing stuff away to not do it.
23. I don't understand how anyone stops having babies. They're just so sweet. That and I adore pregnancy (well, all except morning sickness!)
24. Aging is not a bad thing...isn't it wonderful to be closer to heaven?
25. I love photography!!! I really want to take a class to learn more. I feel guilty that I have Photoshop and I know .01% of what it is capable of. :(
26. My midwife is one of the wisest women I know. I think the world would be a better place if more people had relationships with midwives.
27. Jason and I had the most amazing dating relationship. Ahh...I can still feel the feelings I felt when I opened the door to his blue eyes.
28. I'm very thankful for generous parents and in-laws. Giving is far more precious than consuming.
29. I sometimes wish I would've gotten a degree in architecture instead of engineering.
30. I spend too much time on the computer.
31. I wish I could hang out with my brother more.
32. Food comforts me. I think I need to do a fast where instead of eating when I'm stressed, I just pray.
33. Today, I'm going to throw Kale into our smoothie. We'll see how that goes. :)