Friday, April 8, 2011

natural clean

This is an appropriate follow up to my previous post...but wanted to write these down so I don't forget them! I'm all about natural cleaning....it makes me feel good to know I'm surrounding my family with nature rather than chemicals. Plus, it's cheap. (That's why Jason likes it.) :)

All Purpose Disinfectant Cleaner:
2 tsp. Borax
4 T. Vinegar
4 c. Water

I'll add some Essential Oil to make it smell yummy. Either Tea Tree Oil or Lavender. I need to get some more EO's for cleaning purposes.

Natural Dishwashing Detergent:
1 c. Vinegar
2 T. Lemon Concentrate
1 c. Borax
1 c. Baking Soda

Shake it up (it will bubble) and use half the amount you normally do. Also, vinegar is a great substitute for the rinsing agent.

1 comment:

the carlson's said...

ok I want to try this...where do you find Borax in the store? And, Lemong concentrate...what are you exactly referring too? The oil that you get at a drugstore or is it a different kind of oil? If you don't mind sending me an email that would be great! Miss you! And, I love your post about respect and remembering that nothing is ours...its all GODS that he provided for us.